Marley Natural, the official Bob Marley cannabis brand, today debuted a broad-based collection of cannabis and lifestyle products in retail locations throughout the Bay Area. The products are designed with deep respect for Bob’s legacy and belief in the positive potential of the herb to heal and inspire us. Three collectives will be the first in the Bay Area to offer Marley Natural cannabis flower and oil to their members: Harborside Health Center (Oakland, San Jose), SPARC (San Francisco) and CBCB (Berkeley).
Marley Natural’s inaugural collection includes:
- Four categories (Green, Gold, Red and Black) of all-natural, locally-sourced, sun-grown cannabis flower and oil;
- Body care products infused with the moisturizing power of cold-pressed hemp seed oil blended and mixed with other natural Jamaican botanicals; and
- A collection of smoking accessories made from sustainably grown American black walnut wood and heat-resistant, hand-blown glass.
Marley Natural cannabis products debuted originally in three Los Angeles area dispensaries, Green Goddess, LAPCG, and Buds & Roses, in February 2016. The brand is now available in nine dispensaries in Los Angeles and the Bay Area. The smoking accessories and body care products are available at Ron Robinson at Fred Segal and other specialty retailers, as well as online at www.MarleyNaturalShop.com, and in the Bay Area at Azalea and Welcome Strange. By the end of summer 2016, Marley Natural cannabis products will also be available in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington.
"We are fortunate to be living during a promising time of positive change, especially with regard to cannabis and how people understand it. My father would be so happy to see so many people appreciating the natural, healing power of the herb,” said Cedella Marley, Bob’s daughter.
In the spirit of giving back, both to Jamaica and to communities that have been harmed by cannabis prohibition, Marley Natural has created a philanthropic initiative called Rise Up™ powered by Global Giving, a nonprofit that connects donors with grassroots projects around the world. Rise Up funds a series of carefully curated projects around the world that reflect Bob’s vision for an inclusive and compassionate community where people take care of each other and the environment.
“Marley Natural operates with a strong social conscience, and we source our products in an environmentally and socially responsible way, as we believe Bob would have wanted,” said Tahira Rehmatullah, General Manager of Marley Natural. “We are also committed to giving back to Jamaica and communities harmed by prohibition through Rise Up, which will grow in scale and scope as we expand our operations globally.”
In Jamaica, Rise Up is funding projects with three organizations, all focused on supporting communities across the island: Oracabessa Bay Fish Sanctuary, Farm Up Jamaica, and Golden Valley Farmer’s Group.
- The Oracabessa Bay Fish Sanctuary is helping to ensure the sustainable livelihood of local fishers.
- Through their ‘Young Soldiers for Food Security' program, Farm Up Jamaica gives students the opportunity to gain practical farming experience by working on organic farms, increasing Jamaica’s food security and providing needed job opportunities for the next generation.
- The Golden Valley Farmer’s Group project will enable more than 40 farmers to earn an alternative income through apiculture (bee-farming) as production of their traditional crops have been heavily affected by climate change conditions.
More details about Rise Up are available at www.MarleyNatural.com/RiseUp.
Marley Natural is the official Bob Marley cannabis brand, crafted with deep respect for Bob’s legacy and belief in the positive potential of the herb to heal and inspire us. To learn more about Marley Natural, visit www.MarleyNatural.com or follow the conversation on social media using #MarleyNatural.