This week, Tilray celebrated its third anniversary. The Tilray team gathered at Tilray's medical cannabis research and production facility in Nanaimo, British Columbia to reflect on a spectacular year of progress for the company, the industry and — most importantly — for patients in Canada and around the world.
Highlights of the past year include:
- Becoming North America’s first and only medical cannabis production facility to achieve Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification, an internationally recognized standard assuring Tilray's processes and products adhere to the same standards as those met by mainstream pharmaceutical developers.
- Launching the largest Canadian medical cannabis clinical trial in over 40 years, partnering with the University of British Columbia to study the efficacy of vaporized cannabis as a treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Collaborating with Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children to study medical cannabis and pediatric epilepsy.
- Working with the University of Sydney and government of New South Wales, Australia to examine the effectiveness of medical cannabis extracts in alleviating the side effects of cancer treatment.
- Exporting medical cannabis products to serve patients in Australia/New Zealand, Latin America, and the European Union.
- Building the VAC Bridge Program to cover the cost of orders by veterans that qualify for Veterans Affairs Canada reimbursement until their federal coverage begins.
Congratulations to the Tilray team on achieving this major milestone. We have no doubt this dedicated team of over 150 committed global professionals will continue to surge forward, taking advantage of reforms in Canada and around the world that are facilitating access to medical cannabis and medical cannabis research like never before.